I wanted to bring to your attention the importance of self-care. Well, you are saying to yourself, I take care of myself all the time. I go and get a manicure and pedicure every two weeks and not to mention I go get my eyebrows done as well. Ladies I am here to tell you that there is more to self- care than you think.
As women, we tend to neglect ourselves no matter our status be it married, mother or single, we just tend to put ourselves last. I am very, very guilty of this and have come to the realization that I cannot keep going down this path of NOT taking care of myself. So, I wanted to give you all a few suggestions that I have learned about in my recent podcast obsession. 😉 Some I have added my own twist to.
- Slaying your dragons, finally completing that to do list.
- Writing down the dragons that you have slain thru out the week. You will feel so accomplished after you do this.
- Daily Affirmations. This is a very, very powerful tool that has helped me realize what my goals are and that I will accomplish them.
- Lots and Lots of journals! I have found writing down my thoughts is cleansing and helps me de-clutter my mind.
- Start a meditation practice. This will help clear your mind even further. This is something that takes a lot of discipline, I am still working on this one. 😊
- Do go to the spa and get that much-needed manicure and pedicure. You deserve it!
- Do go and get your hair done. Dye it, cut it.
- Listen to podcasts, instead of the news. The news was depressing me.
- Every 30 days take up a new challenge. This is where one of those journals come in handy.
- Jump into the pool of sharks! Yes, ladies, there is no time like the present.
- It is okay to say no if you do not want to do something.
- Set aside a lazy day. Yes, a lazy day a day that you do not do anything but binge watch your favorite show or catch up on an enjoyable book. However, do your best to slay those dragons first.
Ladies, I hope that you will take the time to start up if you have not already a self-care regiment.