- I was not put on this earth to solve everyone’s problem.
- I was put on this earth to make sure that when I wake up every morning, I live my life in a way that I know is the way God intended it to be, not wasted.
- When I put my head on my pillow at night, I know I have done what God wanted me to do.
- I have lived my life in a manner that allows me to look in the mirror and see someone that I like, not someone that scares me.
- When the day did not go in a manner that was in-line with God’s will, I know how to say, I messed up, I am sorry. Then move on. Not spend the rest of my life apologizing or trying to make up for the past. Understanding that the past is just that, the past.
- I have to be the person who holds her head up and moves forward, leaving the past in the past.
I grew up listening to my mother say things, which at the time, I did not understand. Things like:
- “Hold your head up, don’t you drop your head to anybody.”
- “You have more than that, keep trying.”
- “Don’t worry; they will be okay.”
- “You don’t compare yourself to nobody.”
- “A little hard work ain’t never killed nobody.”
- “If it doesn’t kill you, it will make you stronger.”
- “You don’t listen to what anybody says if you know you are right.”
- “You have to stand up and keep moving, no matter how hard it gets.”
The most profound thing I remember mama saying was, “Everybody who wants something or who wants to have something, will struggle. Nothing worthwhile will come easy. You have to work for what you want, and I mean work hard. There will be bruises on your knuckles.”
I appreciate Michelle Obama because she took the words of our parents and grandparents and gave them life, a platform. She said nothing that we have not heard, yet she gave them a voice.
Michelle Obama’s Rules for success:
- Keep moving forward
- Be authentic
- Work hard
- Don’t be afraid to fail
- Choose your path
- Earn success
- Take your role seriously
- Enjoy the balance
- Do what is hard
- Have fun
- Ignore the noise
- Love what you do
- Know who you are
- KNOW YOUR VALUE
My Tomorrow Starts Today!!!
Veronica L. Price